Exactly 2 years ago today, Przemek, Guli, Luis, and I incorporated Capchase, and in the last two years, the four of us have already had an adventure of a lifetime. Arriving at the second anniversary of our incorporation has given me the opportunity to reflect more on where we started, how far we’ve come, and yet how far we still want to go to change the world of SaaS funding and growth.
On this day two years ago, we signed our first customer, and naturally, we needed a business entity in order to do so. It was such an exciting day for us, the culmination of months of hard work and conjecture, knowing that we had built something that businesses were going to find useful and take us closer in the direction of realizing our goal of changing the SaaS growth landscape forever.
Our consideration then was to be as lean as possible and focus all our time on our customers, that’s why we waited to incorporate until the latest date we possibly could. We figured: acquire a customer first, incorporate second. The incorporation process online was quick and easy and from there the sky was the limit. Shortly after, we went on to raise our Seed Round, and the rest is history in terms of how quickly we’ve been able to grow in the last two years.
In fact, much has changed in the two years between then and now:
- A gallon of gas was $1.79 and now it’s $4.37 (it’s increased, but way less than Capchase).
- We’ve grown from that first customer drawing $25k to hundreds of customers drawing millions per day.
- We went from Seed Round to Series B funding.
- We increased in size from four co-founders working from our rooms in Cambridge, Madrid, and Singapore to 120 colleagues across 30+ different countries worldwide.
- We have employees working in offices in New York, London, Madrid, and Barcelona, along with our remote employees across the globe.
- Most importantly, we’re progressing quickly in our mission to help SaaS companies grow faster with capital and insights and we know we’re changing the industry forever.
There are two things that have been especially rewarding for me as a founder these last couple of years that I’d like to call out:
- Customer stories - The best part of Capchase is seeing our customers grow at incredible speeds and hearing from them about their successes (acquisitions, improved metrics, traction, key hires, etc.). It’s especially heartwarming to know the role we’ve played in their growth and our customers’ level of satisfaction with us, with an average customer NPS score of above 80.
- Team members - It’s very motivating to see teams operate on their own learning curves and get better and more productive the longer they work together. We’ve been very thoughtful about the team members we’re trying to attract and that has translated into many examples of accelerated careers driven by builder attitudes and intellectual curiosity on the team. There’s not a day in which I don’t learn something new from somebody on the team, and that's exactly how it should be (check out our open roles).
At the same time, the challenges have constantly evolved since day one as well.
I remember when we were highly stressed about getting our SSNs in time to open a business bank account (startup idea right there), but everything was backed up due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Now we manage 100s of $m of cross-border payments and provide personalized growth insights to founders in 10 countries.
We started Capchase at the height of COVID, at a time when money was abundant, and founders loved our value proposition because it helped them grow faster, extend their capital runway efficiently, and dilute themselves less.
Now, when it seems like the markets are tumbling further every day and we hear about layoffs in tech and VCs pulling term sheets, founders are more anxious than ever about the future of their businesses.
Capchase is here to help founders navigate through these times and have enough funds and insights to seize the opportunity and hit the eventual bull market in full stride.
We have a few key products in our pipeline, aimed to improve metric visibility for our customers on how they're growing and highlighting areas for improvement - this is something we think will be a game-changer in terms of how SaaS businesses approach their funding needs and adopt a more dynamic approach to their funding.
We can’t wait to continue to work with our customers and see how funding with Capchase will help accelerate their growth. Learn more about extending your runway with Capchase funding through our capital calculator. Let’s go! 🚀