Last Reviewed and Effective date: May 19, 2023
Personal Information that We Collect
- Identifiers, including your name, address, phone number, email address, job title, company name and username/password when you create an account.
- Commercial Data, including information about your use of our products.
- Financial Data, including bank account information, bank account balance, information from the business’ accounting software, accounts payable, and recurring revenue subscription software.
- Professional or Employment-Related Data, when you apply for a job with us, including your job history, professional certifications, compensation information, references, educational information, and information required for or generated during a background check.
- Technical Data, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookies, java script, web beacons, clear gifs, HTTP headers, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
- Usage Data on how you navigate our website, including the content and features you use or view on the website, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect data the online services you visit immediately before and after you access our Services, and the search terms you enter on our website. We may combine information collected through means such as cookies or third-party analytics tools with Personal Information we already have about you.
- Marketing and Communications Data, including your communication preferences in receiving information from us.
- Social Media Application Data, including your public profile, social media relationships and “likes” when you engage with us on social media or use our social media plug-ins.
- Sensitive Personal Data, only if a background check is required for employment, such as your social security number.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To register you as a user and to provide our Services;
- To maintain our Services;
- To authenticate and verify your identity;
- To evaluate whether you are eligible to use Capchase’s Services;
- To process payments;
- To market our Services to you;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues with our Services;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer care and support, including to improve your experience when you interact with the Services;
- To conduct employment recruiting, evaluate your application for employment, and conduct appropriate due diligence;
- To perform analytics and risk assessments, including monitoring the use of the Services;
- To improve our brand, website, and Services, including developing new Services;
- With your permission, to send you communications with special offers and promotions. If you don’t want to receive these, you may unsubscribe at any time;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services, including fraud prevention;
- To share with telecommunications or mobile operators for identity verification;
- To investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations;
- To pursue legitimate interests, such as research and development, processing for statistical purposes, and performing activities carried out in the public interest;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted out of receiving that information. For example, to send you newsletters and promotions using any communications preferences you have expressed. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS) with your consent, push notifications, and other means; To enhance the accuracy of the information we hold about you;
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order, or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Protecting your, our, and others’ rights, property and safety;
- Enforcing agreements and policies; and
- Resolving disputes.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of entities for one or more of the business purposes described above:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
- Our service providers and vendors that assist us in providing our Services
- Our marketing partners, including social media platforms
- Our third party analytics providers in order to improve the functionality, features or delivery of our Services.
- The applicable bank partner if you are a joint customer with such bank
- Other entities as permitted by law, in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets, in the event of bankruptcy, where needed to comply with the request of law enforcement or a regulatory agency or other legal process, or to protect our interests or safety of our clients or the safety of other visitors to our website and app.
Our Services uses a variety of digital technologies, including cookies, web beacons, pixels, and cookies to automatically collection information about how our Services are used. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about how you engage with our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to see that a user has used a certain feature of our app or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept the use of certain of these digital technologies, however, you may not be able to use all features of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Aggregated Demographic Information
We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties, but this information is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify you or another individual person.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information in identifiable form for as long as needed for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. In determining retention periods, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need Personal Information, we either anonymize, securely delete, or destroy it.
Security Of Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us. We have in place commercially reasonable physical, technical, organizational and administrative safeguards appropriate to the type of Personal Information we process to protect the security and privacy of your Personal Information While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, no business can fully eliminate the security risks associated with collecting and processing information via the internet.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree and acknowledge that Capchase will not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted, accessed, and/or used by an unintended recipient. If you have reason to believe that the security of your communications or Personal Information has been compromised, please notify us immediately using the contact information below.
Links To Other Sites
Our Services are directed to individuals 18 years or older. If you are under the age of 18, you are not eligible to use our Services.
Notice to EU Users
Legal Bases Upon Which We Rely
When your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, we will only collect or process it if we have a lawful basis to do so. We may process your Personal Information for more than one lawful basis depending on the business purpose for which we have collected or processed your Personal Information.
- Consent. For certain business purposes, we may request your consent to the processing of your Personal Information. The legal basis of consent is only used by us in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way. In the event that we rely on your consent, you may at any time withdraw the specific consent you give to our processing as described above. Please note, even if you withdraw consent for us to use your Personal Information for a particular purpose, we may continue to rely on other lawful bases to process your Personal Information for other purposes.
- Legal Obligations. The processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations (such as compliance with anti-money laundering legislation);
- Performance of a Contract. The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
- Legal Claims. The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- Legitimate Business Interest. The processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
GDPR Consumer Rights
The GDPR grants you certain rights to your Personal Information. In particular, you have the following rights:
- To access your Personal Information
- To correct or delete your Personal Information, subject to certain limitations
- Data portability
- Object to or restrict certain processing
- Withdraw previously granted consent to processing; and,
- File a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +34 648 545 124. To be removed from our mailing lists, please use the unsubscribe link contained in the email. Capchase will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event within one month from receipt thereof.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Certain countries outside the EEA have been approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate protection and therefore no additional safeguards are required to export Personal Information to these countries. In countries which have not been certified as providing an adequate protection, these international transfers are carried out in the framework of Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Notice to California Residents
- The categories of Personal Information we may collect directly from you or indirectly about you;
- The categories of sources from which we may collection Personal Information; and
- The business purposes for which we collect Personal Information.
California Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights to your Personal Information. These rights include:
- The right to know what Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer;
- The right to delete Personal Information that the business has collected from the consumer, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that a business maintains about a consumer;
- The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information by the business—for more information, please visit our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page, which contains our Notice of the Right to Opt-Out and opt-out mechanism;
- If the business uses or discloses sensitive Personal Information for certain reasons, the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive Personal Information by the business; however, Capchase does not use or disclose sensitive Personal Information in a way that would trigger this right, and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including an employee’s, job applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
Selling and Sharing Personal Information
As defined by the CCPA, we may sell and share certain online identifiers for the purpose of online advertising and analytics. Specifically, we disclose online identifiers to advertising partners and analytics providers for online analytics and personalized advertising. You have the right to opt-out of this use of your Personal Information. For more information and to exercise your right to opt out of selling or sharing, please see our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page.
To exercise your other CCPA consumer rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us either by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 1-888-417-0010.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
California “Shine the Light”
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine the Light” law, permits California residents to annually request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2023 will receive information regarding 2022 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information listed above.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Website is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we currently do not respond to Do Not Track requests. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.org concerning such information.